MacCarty and Sons has been in the awning business since 1919, moving to its current location in the old Hitchen’s Iron Shop in 1997 in order to have more space for in-house production of framework and expanded sewing and fabrication space.
George Hitchen’s originally made the wrought iron frames that Bill MacCarty mounted the covers on. The current owners purchased the business in 1996, keeping the MacCarty name and reputation. Today the business is still a small family run operation.
We continue to incorporate the original owners values, using tried and true industry quality and standards, while keeping up with industry advances and technology.
The company began doing its own graphics and welding work in 1998, and has a reputation for creative, hand painted, custom graphics and detailed welded frames.